We are Binaryblacksmiths.
- Specialize in helping small and medium sized businesses have positive experiences with technology
- Build user driven websites, applications, and technology based solutions
- Consult on technology best practices and implementation strategies
- Help you make technology choices that make sense for your organization
- Are highly skilled technologists, developers and designers
- Use the best tools, practices and techniques for your organization
- Maintaine an old fashioned sense of pride in our work
- We excel at providing a transparent development experience with your company's needs at the center
- We work in an organized and modular fashion so you don't have to guess at the progress of your project
- We deliver all key project points before work begins to help maintain the scale and scope of your project
- We utilize modern project management techniques to ensure that your projects are delivered on time and on budget.
- We stick to our quotes -- we draw from years of experience to give strong, accurate quotes up front and we honor them.
- We believe the the cost of a project should never change, unless the project changes.
CMS (Content Management Systems)
We have been building websites since the 1990's and programming computers for a decade before that, so why do we recommend using a CMS and why Drupal?
Our goal is to empower you to make the most of your web experience and Drupal:
- Speeds up site development
- Has thousands of features ready-made and waiting for implementation
- Gives you access to manage your own content
- Makes you a member of a vast and growing community supported by thousands of developers
- Is constantly being tested and regularly being updated by a dedicated community of developers
- Is one of the most secure community web platforms available
CRM (Customer Relationship Management)
CRM can be the life blood of any small business. A good CRM install can help you:
- Automate participation tracking
- Identify the best way to allocate your marketing and sales resources
- Track which clients are most active
- Show which sales leads are most viable
- Reach your clients in ways that benefits both you and them
Our approach is to configure a CMS for you based solely on your needs. We offer many features and work with you to determine which ones would be best for your business and budget.
Since 1998 we've worked with a number of small and medium sized businesses with a wide range of focus and needs. Amongst our varied clientel are restaurants, green energy, healing engery, schools, colleges, naturalpathic medicine and psychology. Bellow are few examples of our web work:
Working Wise is a current client and we hope to launch their new site in the next couple of weeks. This site is Drupal 7 and based on the popular Drupal theme NEXUS. Using a pre-made theme for this site helped us to keep the cost low and focus on the parts of the site that were more important to the client.
Vt Natural Medecine
vtnaturalmeds.com is an example of a website we built to meet the needs of a small healthcare provider. For this client, we breathed new life into an old out of data WordPress site and rebuilt it in Drupal 7. Our first step with the project was recreating the old site and updating the look and feel a bit. There are currently plans to add new sections and to eventually add a cart system.
Raquel Ferns Lefebvre
Raquel Lefebvre a is licensed psychologist who needed a website that was both informative and practical. For this site we used a slightly modified template and tuned the UI/UX with a few key customizations. The end result is an attractive website that Raquel updates and maintains herself.
One Federal Restaurant
To date we have build two websites for One Federal Restaurant. Their current site is built on Drupal 7 and a theme they purchased from a popular theme site. Buying this theme gave them a tested high quality design without paying for a full design experience.
Algepower.com is a website we created and designed for the folks at Algeponics Algae Farms. This site does not use a CMS
Teach With This
Teachwiththis.com was an on-line magazine designed using, PHP and MySQL. This site, like many of the other sites we have created, had a fully custom content management system that allowed the site to be managed easily.
UVM Ride Share
Our first project for UVM, the UVM Ride Share is a simple database application that allows students to coordinate carpooling efforts. This site uses a combination of PHP, MySQL...
This web site was equipped with a calendar application that can be searched on both date and topic. The calendar, like the rest of the website, can be updated and maintained through a secure web form. This site was also equipped with a photo gallery, and a survey application. The survey application can be used to create surveys of any length and harvest data from them. Both the survey and the picture gallery can be updated and maintained through secure web forms. This entire site including theme text and images can be updated via a secure web form.
Daniel worked at JvillageNetwork.com from 2013 to 2015; during that time he built and contributed to over a 100 Drupal 7 sites, while acting as both lead developer, Operations Managers and ultimately CTO.
His work at Jvillage ranged from installation, platform migration, technology research and module development, to managing a team of designers, developers, project managers and support technicians. His contributions to Jvillage can be seen in the many great websites they produce. Some of his best work during his time at Jvillage includes: a room scheduling and management tool, a Geolocation Map using Google Maps and API, a graphical analytics dashboard, a content distribution and syndication system, several custom Ubercart and calendar projects and long list of product enhancements and customizations.
BinaryBlacksmith currently does development work for Jvillage on an on going contract basis.
National Gardening Association (NGA)
Daniel worked at the NGA from 2010 to 2012 and during that time he helped to convert kidsgardening.org into its existing form. This site has over 2000 articles and lives in the Drupal 6 CMS. He build a number of applications for this site including a School database, and E-commerce suit that uses UberCart and a system for collecting, scoring and awarding grants.
Daniel worked at the Vermont Lottery for two years. During that time he built their current website using C# leveraged against an SQL database. It has a very simple content management system that does direct file writing and a number of Flash enhancements. This site was build over 6 years ago and to date has stood the test of time.
For the Last 17 Years Daniel Lefebvre (whose last name translates to Blacksmith) has been our lead developer and driving force. Daniel has remained at the head of Binary Blacksmith while enjoying a rewarding career. Daniel brings the skills he has honed and crafted in various roles to his work here at Binary Blacksmith.
Some of Daniel's other accomplishments include 15 years of computer science teaching at several VT colleges, and a UDEMY course on Ruby On Rails. Daniel has also held a number of positions in the IT field some highlights are shown bellow.